Copyright © 2021 Lawdiktat
AI & Law
This four-week course titled AI and Law explores the way in which the increasing use of artificially intelligent technologies (AI) affects the practice and administration of law defined in a broad sense. Subject matters discussed include the connection be between AI and Law in the context of legal responsibility, law-making, law-enforcing, criminal law, the medical sector and intellectual property law.
The course aims to equip members of the general public with an elementary ability to understand the meaningful potential of AI for their own lives. The course also aims to enable members of the general public to understand the consequences of using AI and to allow them to interact with AIs in a responsible, helpful, conscientious way. Please note that the law and content presented in this course is current as of the launch date of this course.
What will I learn
- Understand the legal significance of the artificially intelligent software and hardware.
- Understand the impact of the emergence of artificial intelligence on the application and administration of law in the public sector in connection with the enforcement of criminal law, the modelling of law and in the context of administrative law.
- Understand the legal relevance of the use of artificially intelligent software in the private sector in connection with innovation and associated intellectual property rights, in the financial services sector and when predicting outcomes of legal proceedings.
- Understand the importance of artificial intelligence for selected legal fields, including labour law, competition law and health law.
Topics for this Course
Notice: Function Elementor\Controls_Manager::add_control_to_stack was called incorrectly. Cannot redeclare control with same name "_skin". Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.0.0.) in /home/lawdiktat/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835
This module examines the way in which AI is used in public law. The module specifically looks into four distinct ways in which AI is used in the public law context: AI and legal responsibility, in what ways AI can be used in criminal law, how to use AI to model law and lastly, how AI can be used by public authorities and administrations to optimize the services that they provide to us, the citizens.
The third module explains the impact of AI in the private sector. The module includes AI and IP Law, how AI can be a valuable source in predicting legal outcomes and lastly, how AI and big data can and is being used to impact the financial market.
In the fourth and last module of the course, selected challenges connected to artificial intelligence within various fields of law are discussed. What kind of impact AI will have in these areas is a complex question and this module addresses several issues regarding the medical sector, labour law and competition law.
₹10.00 incl. GST
- Good internet connection
- Mobile/ Laptop accessibility